Ever had a one of those weeks?? You know, crazy busy, nonstop work and family... and stress!!!!
Stress can wreak havoc on your body, causing major issues like high cholesterol, heart disease, ulcers, IBS, chronic fatigue, adrenal burnout, eczema, candida overgrowth, arthritis, auto-immune diseases and more. See, stress causes a cascade of events in your body that can chemically affect you, eventually causing these major heath problems.
Over the past 20 years of studying the human body, starting with my formative pharmacy years, I discovered food can act as medicine. Truly. In fact, many medicines start from plant compounds, and then are chemically manipulated to make what we call western "medicine" that you might buy in the pharmacy.
I just took a number of Continuing Education courses recently, and there is hard evidence from reputable studies that points to certain herbs and foods being as potent and effective (and probably much safer since there are no side effects) as some prescription medications.
I will get to this below. You have to check it out!
So can YOU help to combat disease?
The answer is simple. There are just 2 WAYS. Remove toxins, and Add vitamins.
Now, by vitamins, I mean all the "good stuff" and by toxins I mean all the "bad stuff".
So the way to remove toxins are as follows:
- For your mind=Lower your stress! Find some work life balance, and treat your body, mind, and spirit with kindness and care.
- For your body=Stop putting junk in your body. Trans-fats, sugars, packaged foods, caffeine, alcohol, etc.
- For your spirit=Be mindful of who you spend your time with, what you watch on TV, what music you listen to, your surroundings, and what activities you choose to engage in.
*The quickest, most effective way I have found to add in the "good stuff" is to charge your body up with Superfoods.*
Superfoods have an abundance of antioxidants, phytochemicals, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to keep inflammation in the body low and life giving oxygen high to all tissues. This equals no cancer, no disease, high energy, and living a life full of feelings of love, peace, fulfillment, and wellbeing.
Here are 3 superfood concoctions (that I personally LOVE) for you to try:
- Matcha Tea- Matcha is straight, stoneground green tea leaves providing you with more vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in a higher concentration than regular green tea can. 1 glass=10 glasses of regular green tea, nutritionally. Raises your metabolism and burn fat without raising your blood pressure or heart rate, improve your mood and focus and detox your body with this powerful little shot all in one... or drink as a tea!
- Wheatgrass- Minerals are such a necessity, and you must load up on them to fight your constant acidic states or your body will leach minerals from your bones to get the necessary pH for your body to function normally. Containing all minerals known to man, around 80 enzymes, 17 amino acids and 70% chlorophyll (the highest in any plant), this superfood is super alkalizing and studies have shown a 40% reduction in cancer development from wheatgrass. It prevents candida and bacterial growth, is a heavy metal detoxifier and detoxifies all body systems. It regulates blood sugar and slows down the aging process more than any other green out there because of it’s high concentration of enzymes in chlorophyll- especially the Super Oxide Dismutase. Other fun facts are it can help restore fertility, help to keep the hair from graying, and heals skin disorders of all types. Warning: it can cause crazy surges of energy and nausea (because of toxins being released).
Note: Wheatgrass is gluten-free because it’s cut before the grain forms, however, if you are allergic, start your regimen slowly. It pays to be cautious. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, muscle aches and pains, dizziness.
- Tumeric & Ginger combination-This combo is soooo tasty and is proven in studies to fight arthritis and help with inflammation and pain as much as COX-2 inhibitors like the prescription medication Celebrex. A great way to load up on antiaging and anticancer compounds, detoxify your body, ward off colds and maximize your energy!
Enjoy and let me know on the comments below how you liked them!