Happy Valentine's WEEK!
This week is all about LOVE!!! It is the time to celebrate and be thankful for all the love you have for yourself (because you are AWESOME!) and the love you give and receive from all of the amazing people in your life. We all have our fabulous selves, friends, family, co-workers, acquaintances who make us smile, pets (obviously not people, but part of the family anyway:)), and significant others. We all have at least one of the above, if not more.
Right now, I challenge you to feel grateful for what and who you have in your life (including yourself), what they (or you) give and, and why you value them (or yourself).
Take a TWO minutes now to do this. Write it down if possible or type it in your cell phone notes. Being grateful at the beginning of the day puts you in motion for an incredible day! By getting your vibration high and in alignment with the divine, your LIFE WILL CHANGE. Try it for one week and see for yourself. I am taking an amazing course now led by the infamous Millana Snow #GetTHANKFUL. It's day 1, and I already feel more in flow. Thanks Millana! Go to Serenesocial.com for more information on this beautiful course.
Since I am so grateful for YOU, I want to give you a healthy Valentine's Day treat: A DELISH recipe for RED VELVET Cupcakes- Vegan Style & Gluten-Free. YUM!!!
GUILT-FREE RED VELVET CUPCAKES
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 25 mins
TOTAL TIME 35 mins
Substitute ⅔ cup erythritol OR cane sugar for the stevia if need be. (I cannot personally vouch for this.) You may use 1 cup canned pumpkin puree or applesauce in place of the banana. Feel free to sub in oil (coconut would be lovely) for part of the banana.
Serves: 12 cupcakes
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pure, uncut stevia (see note below for alternatives)
- 2 mashed bananas (see note below for alternatives)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 8 egg whites OR 4 Tablespoons Ener-g egg replacer mixed with 1 cup water, for a vegan version.)
- Red food coloring (Natural, such as beet juice, is absolutely best)
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt OR 1 cup vegan-friendly yogurt
- 3 packets of NuNaturals stevia, to taste (Feel free to substitute ½ cup erythritol OR cane sugar)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and sweetener. Stir in banana, vanilla extract, vinegar, and egg whites or egg replacer until uniform and no pockets of dry ingredients remain. Add in food coloring until batter is desired color. (Note that it will lose some of its color during baking.) Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly among the 12 cups of the muffin tin. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together the yogurt, the sweetener, and the ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spread the thickened frosting over the cooled cupcakes. (Sprinkling chocolate chips over the top doesn’t hurt.) Once frosted, the cupcakes are best served immediately. If you want to serve them later, refrigerate the cupcakes, keep the frosting in the freezer, and frost the cupcakes right before serving. Devour.
Serving size: 1 cupcake Calories: 45 calories Fat: 1 gram
*Thank you to Kelly from Foodiefiasco.com for this yummy recipe!
ENJOY my loves, and let me know how you like this on the comments below!