Wheatgrass is intense. So before you turn up your nose and decide how nasty it tastes or remember the one time you tried it and got a gag reflex, I want you to read the WHY behind WHEATGRASS.
I want you to understand the POWER behind this living green juice! If you do, and you decide to drink it up daily, your life can radically change. At the end of this article I bet I convert you into a lover- not a hater- so let’s see! AND p.s. it’s gluten free since it’s harvested before the (wheat) grain is formed!
Check out these tips – and note of my favorite way to take a shot: It’s called the “Nuclear Natural”. I find wheatgrass a bit hard to swallow (especially first thing in the morning), but newly launched #FoxyGreens in NewYork City concocted this incredible-tasting wheatgrass shot mixed with anti-oxidant laden Matcha tea and freshly pressed apple juice that will give every cell in your body a morning rush! You WILL feel it (almost immediately) after you drink it…take it from me, I tried it! I highly suggest you check it out HERE!
27 Reasons you NEED to drink your wheatgrass every day! (Don’t miss number 11!)
1. Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, containing 17 amino acids.
2. Wheatgrass juice contains up to 70% chlorophyll, which is an important blood builder. Chlorophyll can be extracted from most plants, but wheatgrass is superior because it contains over 100 elements our bodies need. It also absorbs 92 of the known 115 minerals from the soil for us to assimilate.
3. Chlorophyll contains a plethora of enzymes and super-powered super- oxide dismutase (SOD) which decomposes superoxide radicals thereby helping to slow down the aging process.
4. Chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria (helping to halt the growth of candida) + it’s an antibacterial
5. Chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body and neutralizes toxins in the body.
6. Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.
7. Chlorophyll improves blood sugar issues.
8. In the 1940s and beyond, the following clinical uses for chlorophyll were found: to clear up foul smelling odors, neutralize Strep infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting, to cure chronic sinusitis, overcome chronic inner ear inflammation and infection, reduce varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate impetigo and other scabby eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation of the uterine cervix, get rid of parasitic infections, reduce typhoid fever, increases the function of the heart, the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus, and the lungs.
9. Wheatgrass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.
10. Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. This is beneficial because the brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly- oxygenated environment.
11. Wheatgrass has been shown to keep herbivorous animals alive practically indefinitely- <WHAT?!?>
12. Wheatgrass is a nutritionally complete foo
13. Wheatgrass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to other fruits and vegetables.
14. Wheatgrass is especially good for athletes because it is assimilated in 20 minutes or less, and uses very little of the body’s energy to extract the nutrients.
15. Because 1 ounce of juice equals 2 pounds of produce nutritionally, it naturally shuts off the appestat in the brain!
16. Wheatgrass contains a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, including the thirteen essential ones, combined with dozens of trace elements and enzymes.
17. Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on wheatgrass to restore fertility. (The high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes that restore the sex hormones.)
18. Wheatgrass juice cures acne and other skin issues and even help to remove scars after it has been ingested for 2-6 months.
19. Wheatgrass juice can be used as a body deodorant.
20. Wheatgrass juice helps to keep the hair from graying and can bring back color!
21. Wheatgrass juice improves the digestion.
22. For minor eye irritation apply strained wheatgrass juice mixed with half pure water in an eye cup for 15 – 30 seconds.
23. Wheatgrass can help eliminate dandruff when used topically.
24. Wheatgrass juice can reduce high blood pressure
25. Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals.
26. Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
27. And finally – by taking wheatgrass juice, one may feel an increase in strength, endurance, renewed health and spirituality, and experience an overall sense of well-being.
So start loving your Wheaties- I mean Wheatgrass!
So trade in that coffee for wheatgrass for a week or two, and see what can happen to improve YOUR body, mind, and spirit! I can’t think of a better way to start out 2015!